If you’re thinking of opening a franchise for solar products, LED (light emitting diode) lighting is an important technology you should research. LED bulbs last longer than traditional light sources, and can use 75% less energy, making them an important innovation in the green energy field.
Here are a few facts about LED lighting that might surprise you:
1. While switching to LED lighting can be an investment at first, it is estimated that they can lead to a 60-85% reduction in lighting bills. This savings is one of the reasons LED lighting is so popular with our industrial clients! If you’d like to see how much money you can expect to save by switching to LED lighting, check out our LED Savings Calculator to learn more about the lighting costs in your business.
2. LED lighting can provide a greater quality of light. LED technology ensures a more even distribution of light, making colors seem more vibrant.
3. LED light bulbs work by using a semiconductor, making them a “solid state” device, as opposed to traditional bulbs which are powered by a vacuum/filament method. The semiconductor in an LED bulb can last for up to 20 years, 20-50 times longer than a traditional bulb, and 2-5 times longer than fluorescents.
4. While LED lighting has been known to be expensive in the past, research is leading to new developments that help to make it cheaper every day. This reduction in price is one of the reasons that there’s never been a better time to switch to LED.
5. As opposed to traditional light bulbs, LED bulbs do not “burn out” suddenly. Instead, they slowly lose their incandescence over time as they grow weaker.
6. Federal and state tax incentives are out there to encourage businesses to switch to LED lighting. SuperGreen solutions has been in the industry for over 18 years and knows how to find ways to save you money when you decide to make the switch.
These are just a few of the things you should know about LED lighting. As you can see, it is an exciting time to transition to LED, and many businesses are enjoying saving money on their energy bill after making the switch.
If you’d like to learn more about taking advantage of this exciting opportunity by franchising with SuperGreen solutions, or if you’d like to talk to us about how LED lighting can help your business, give us a call at 1-888-9-SUPER-G or visit us online at www.supergreensolutions.com.